Are you passionate about managing hospitality service, providing the best quality, and lowering total costs? And do you like to work in an international environment? Then we are looking for you! We are currently recruiting an Area Manager to join Hotel Facility Concepts (HFC).
We are a strategic multi-service provider specializing in Hotel Management and Commercial Real Estate Solutions. Our mission is to create an excellent guest experience in facility services and thereby positively impact our clients' brand value and profit. Our headquarter is based in Amsterdam, and we operate globally from Paris to Miami and more.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As an Area Manager, you are responsible for managing and optimizing all aspects of the facility services within the hotel. Including housekeeping, linen, waste management and other small facility services. You oversee the management of the suppliers who will deliver these services and for the optimization between the suppliers, as a goal to continuously strive to outstand the quality of the services delivered and lower the total costs. You overlook the quality, contract agreements, process development, and account management on a tactical level. The Area Manager is the hotel's account manager and will speak to the Hotel Management.
This hands-on and challenging role requires a strong commercial awareness, attention to detail, and a result-driven mentality. You are the right hand of the Director of Operations. You will work closely with internal HFC employees globally and with clients and suppliers. In addition, you will collaborate with two clients.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for training the Housekeeping Manager and Client on HFC's financial processes using the proper documents and timelines, including the process for additional and requests for change.
- Make sure the Client receives the correct input for the regular forms so these can be signed off according to the relevant process and timelines.
- Execute bi-weekly financial audits using the assigned checklist, resulting in a bi-weekly dashboard.
- Prepare and plan bi-weekly hotel operations meetings with the Hotel Manager, using quest reviews and Review Pro input.
- Plan and execute follow up actions from the meeting.
- Conduct bi-weekly guest journeys and follow up on the actions.
- Plan a bi-annual check on legal requirements and update the hand-over document to get signed off by the Operations Director and Financial Director.
- Review the compliance document monthly, get sign off from the Financial Director And upload it in the system.
- Handle requests for change according to the agreed process.
- Plan quarterly social feedback moments to discuss working conditions/requirements and atmosphere (in)between teams.
- Get the agreement on the dashboard and sign it off.
- Conduct a yearly team event in alignment with the Client.
- University level (Dutch equivalent of HBO) in hotel or facility management.
- At least five years of working experience in a similar role in the hotel market.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong communication skills on all levels
- Client focused
- Ability to deliver
- Flexible mindset, being able to work on different contracts at the same time
- Diligence and sense of urgency
- Strong commercial awareness
- Organizational talent
Share your cover letter and CV via firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please get in touch with Ben Kynoch via email@example.com